We offer a variety of different styles using different pieces of metal.
Listed below are the metals we use and how they work.
What is Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel is a highly durable metal, resisting tarnish, corrosion, and oxidation.
What is Cubic Zirconia?
Cubic zirconia known as CZ is similar to diamonds with its brilliance and crystal clarity.
Cubic zirconia is a colorless, synthetic gemstone made of the cubic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide. Cubic zirconia can mimic various Diamond Shapes, such as Cushion-Cut and Oval-Cut diamonds.
What is Titanium?
Titanium is very resistant to bending, cracking and has good scratch resistance. Stone settings in titanium resist loosening very well.
Titanium’s high strength allows innovative and more delicate stone settings than traditional softer jewellery metals.
Additionally, they are 100% hypoallergenic (titanium is so biocompatible that it is even used to create artificial joint replacements) and resistant to corrosion and tarnish – titanium will even stay resistant to tarnish even if exposed to saltwater.
Natural body chemistry, environment, and certain chemicals may oxidize or change the color of the metals. The best way to prevent tarnishing is by caring for your jewelry properly and following these jewelry care tips below.
Here are some good, standard jewelry care tips:
• DO NOT ever use silver cleaner on non-sterling silver jewelry. This will remove the black from the letters and could tarnish cubic zirconium.
• To polish your jewellery, use an anti-tarnish cloth.
• Remove your jewelry when performing tasks that may cause physical damage. i.e. cleaning, gardening, swimming, working out, etc.
• Avoid exposure to chemicals such as chlorine, bleach, ammonia, etc.
• Put all jewelry on after you have applied all cosmetics, perfumes, lotions, and hairspray. These products can contain chemicals that can damage your jewelry over time.
• If handled properly, gold-filled jewelry should only require buffing.
• Keep your jewelry stored separately in an air-tight place separate from jewelry of other materials.
Again, Most of our jewelry pieces incorporate metal plating, brass, or gold-filled components. Store in a secure and dry airtight place between wears and ensure that you clean your jewelry lightly with a cloth to keep it as good as new.
P.s. All our jewellery comes with a jewellery cleaning cloth to help you maintain the longevity of your beautiful jewels.
Love Ellie Hunter Jewels x